Re: Bug report: pgAdmin takes selected portion of query in Query Editor to run - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From richard coleman
Subject Re: Bug report: pgAdmin takes selected portion of query in Query Editor to run
Date
Re: Bug report: pgAdmin takes selected portion of query in Query Editor to run  (Trung Do <chin.bimbo@gmail.com>)
List pgadmin-support
That's not a bug, it's a *feature* !!

Seriously though, presently the query window in pgAdmin4 has two options:
If nothing is selected -> run the entire window
If something is selected -> run just what's selected.

That's how it's been since, well as long as I can recall.  Unlike some other tools, pgAdmin4 lacks the ability to "Run Selected" vs. "Run Entire Query Window", so it implements the previously mentioned logic.

So I guess what you should probably do is create a *feature* request for this additional functionality.

rik.