Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From richard coleman
Subject Re: pgadmin4 - Use classic style interface, don't launch browser?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave,

That's true.  Of course that's the ultimate draw back of the client/server model.  Having just a server isn't enough, you need a client as well.  pgAdmin4 is just the server portion of that model.  It's relying on borrowing someone else's client.  That's frees up quite a bit of resources, not having to write an actual client.  Unfortunately that means you have to deal with all of the limitations; speed, footprint, compatibility, security, capabilities that that entails.  Contrary to the thought in some circles, not everything is amenable to being served through a web browser.

just one man's opinion.