Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Anthony Emengo
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hey Akshay,

Regarding your previous comment:

As I know time.sleep is not a good idea and I am new to feature test and in learning phase, can someone correct/suggest the way to fix those issues.

Although the feature tests already have some sleeps, it’s generally not a best practice for browser automation. The better way is to use Waits that the selenium API provides, mainly because they can accept a condition to poll until fulfilled for rather than blocking the main thread of execution. http://selenium-python.readthedocs.io/waits.html#explicit-waits. With regards to the  "fe_sendauth" password error . I’d probably would have done it like so (I haven’t tested this):

WebDriverWait(self.driver, 10)\    .until(EC.text_to_be_present_in_element(        (By.NAME, 'password', server_config['db_password']))
)

In general, I ran the tests with the Firefox option and am seeing more failures than I usually would with Chrome. I don’t feel particularly strongly about the patch since our team mostly likely won’t be running it over the course of our development. But I still couldn’t run the tests without modify the code so that the server is up and running before the browser automation starts. I think that this should be addressed.

Any thing in particular that I can help with regarding this, please let me know! 😀

Anthony

Attachment