Re: pgAdmin III commit: Beautify the query shown in the SQL pane for the fu - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: pgAdmin III commit: Beautify the query shown in the SQL pane for the fu
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM, J.F. Oster <jinfroster@mail.ru> wrote:
Hello Ashesh,

Right, bringing related logic close together is much better. But there
is a small difference in your version. Per discussion held on
pgadmin-support,

>> vertical formatting shouldn't be applied where
>> number of parameters is less than two.

DP> Right.

So we expect:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION simple_function(param1 integer)
  RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$
select 1;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE sql ...

but get:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION simple_function(
    param1 integer)
  RETURNS integer AS ...

I suggest changing line 518 from:
                else if (multiline)
                else if (multiline && argTypesArray.Count() > 1)
Agree.

But - We're still missing one more scenario.
If the parameters (except first) are part of the record (TABLE) type, it will result into the same output as you shown.

I will commit one more revision soon.
Please test that.

Thanks for pointing that out.
-- Ashesh