Re: Runtime broken on Mac - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: Runtime broken on Mac
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

This might explain.
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1392

On Sep 1, 2016 21:52, "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Neel, Ashesh,

re: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdiff;h=a3e8ba93ae6968f13b331d9218d51b8e2d39f344

it seems that setting PYTHON_HOME breaks the runtime on Mac OSX. Doing
so means that the system installed Python libraries cannot be found, a
(large) number of which do not get installed into the virtualenv.

Now I could modify the package build scripts to copy or symlink all
those extra files and directories into the virtual env (I would
probably symlink, as that's what happens with the rest of the venv),
but before I do - can you remind me why we needed to explicitly set it
anyway?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com