Re: Need help how to reproduce MySQL binary to PosgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: Need help how to reproduce MySQL binary to PosgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 11:42 AM Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:

Hello,

how I can reproduce MySQL binary to PosgreSQL and use follow
functionality in PG.

On mysql I have table with 3 fields:

CREATE TABLE table (
   user_id int,
   user_info binary(4),
   user_data binary(16)
);

then I use them for example:

UPDATE table set user_info = CHAR(0, 2, 0, 0), user_data = CHAR(123, 1,
0, 2) WHERE user_id = 1;

select and insert them as:

SELECT HEX(user_info) AS user_info, HEX(user_data) AS user_data FROM
table;
INSERT INTO table (user_info, user_data) VALUES
(UNHEX(hexdata_commng_from_app), UNHEX(hexdata_commng_from_app));

I check PG does not have functions HEX and UNHEX. Some one can help a
little ?

Regards,
HS