Re: BUG: Can not wait for thread termination pgAdmin III 1.18.0-beta1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: BUG: Can not wait for thread termination pgAdmin III 1.18.0-beta1
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:
This seems to be an issue with the Query window. I should note that if I run
the same commands using psql
Errors just return back without any weird alert and also doesn't happen if I
run an older pgAdmin with 9.3beta2 -- pgAdmin III 1.16.1 for example does
not have this problem.

---

I just installed PostgreSQL 9.3 beta2 using EDB installer (which installed
pgAdmin 1.18.0-beta1).
If I try to run something in SQL Query window that triggers an error -- for
example creating a role that already exists

I get a pgAdmin III alert saying:

"An error has occurred: Can not wait for thread termination (error 6: the
handle is invalid.)"
And then it shows the error normally.

This error seems to happen when you are for example trying to create an
account that already exists and I suspect any time postgres tries to throw
an error.

I don't recall having this issue in the
PostgreSQL 9.3 beta1 release.

I've tried this on both my local windows 7 64-bit and a windows 2003 R2
server and get the same error.

To replicate the error try doing this in pgAdmin query window and second
time will bring up the alert.

CREATE ROLE test;
CREATE ROLE test; --doesn't always trigger alert
CREATE ROLE test;

Sometimes the error just happens randomly too often after the alert has been
triggered once.
I could not reproduce the above issue.
Even though - I know couple of places, where you could get this kind of error.
In order to resolve the issue, I have sent a patch to pgadmin-hackers list.

Thanks,
Regina