PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi All,

While testing the debugger at EnterpriseDB with PPAS/PostgreSQL, we found some issues as below:
1. Function/Procedure execution completed with an error - "no target for SPL-style OUT parameter" with (PPAS <= 9.3).
Resolution:
Call the functions/procedure with the value explicitly (instead of using the PQexecParams - libpq API and also, edb-spl language needs to be called from an anonymous block) and fetch the result properly for PPAS <= 9.2.

2. Variadic function with the OUT parameter is not debuggable on PostgreSQL/PPAS.
Resolution:
Fix the IN/INOUT parameters numbering properly, before creating the function properly.

3. On execution completion an edb-spl function is not showing return value with PPAS
Resolution:
As we can not return a result from the anonymous block, we needs to print it from the anonymous block. Hence - those results will be printed in the messages window instead of result window for them.

4. Showing the current execution marker at wrong location (offset to 1) for PPAS <= 9.0
Resolution:
Find out the execution marker position based on the offset based on each server version.

Attached is the patch, which takes care of all of above issues.

Please review it.
If nobody will have the objection, I will check-in the patch in REL-1_18_PATCHES and main branches.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: