Re: SQL tab - DDL syntax - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: SQL tab - DDL syntax
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 1:05 PM, matshyeq <matshyeq@gmail.com> wrote:
when pressing 'Send' I felt this is the answer I'm going to get…
fair enough

Before I try to find the right place and figure it out - could you answer that question:
We reverse engineer the SQL based on the existing data in the datable.
Each node has its own logic for reverse engineering.
Output of the reversed engineering SQL can be combination of multiple Jinja2 templates.

For the database - we have logic in the 'web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases', we uses different Jinja2 templates.

Similarly - we have reverse engineering templates for each database objects.
You can find them under the database directories, and they maintain their hierarchical position in it.

Hope - this will help you to figure out, what you're looking for.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA

>> is the logic to get what's displayed in the SQL tab custom programmed in pgAdmin or leverages some some built-in postgres DB functionality and only presents same output back?

Thank you,
Kind Regards
~Maciek