Re: PATCH: To fix expanding server if server inaccessible (pgAdmin4) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Ashesh Vashi
Subject Re: PATCH: To fix expanding server if server inaccessible (pgAdmin4)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

Hi

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As advised by Ashesh, I have tried flask 'threaded' options for this issues
> & it fixed the issue.
>
> PFA patches to fix long load delay when expanding server if server is
> inaccessible.
> (RM#1185).

That'll only affect users running under Werkzeug. What about Apache?
Is it an issue there?
A while ago - we discussed about the connection management issue, and we decided to write a deployment guide about using pgAdmin 4 as WSGI application under HTTPD using mod_wsgi.
And, while configuring Apache, we will need to use the WSGIDaemon option with mod_wsgi, which will allow us to specify the number of threads to be used for request handling at a time.

Reference:

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

> ------
> Additional patches to enhance misc validations in
> menu.js/schema.js/dashboard.js.

Please detail what these are intended to fix.

> (There are no RM's for these fixes, these are just enhancements)
>

> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company