Re: [Mac OS X Mountain Lion] FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yvon Thoraval
Subject Re: [Mac OS X Mountain Lion] FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
Date
List pgsql-general

2012/10/8 Ralf Schuchardt <rasc@gmx.de>

Using sysctl to set the shm* values has consistently worked for us in the last years ...

probably i missed that point because my last install of postgres was on ubuntu...

Mountain Lion comes with it's own version of PostgreSQL. The included psql command probably searches for unix sockets in a different place than your self compiled version. Is your path correctly set?

right, the client only.
my path is correctly set, resarting the computer helps.
i'm now able to connect using tcp/ip :
$ psql -h localhost -p 5433 -U yt -d yt_tests
psql (9.2.1)
Type "help" for help.

yt_tests=# CREATE EXTENSION unaccent;
CREATE EXTENSION
yt_tests=# select unaccent('Hôtel');
 unaccent
 Hotel
(1 row)

may be something was wrong with postmaster.pid and the socket ?
unclear to me but it "seems" to work right now.

--
Yvon