Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arjen Nienhuis
Subject Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:38 AM Alexander Shutyaev <shutyaev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I've performed another test - I've migrated to the new cluster using dump restore: pg_dumpall | psql. It went well,
althoughit took 6 days while pg_upgrade usually took a night.

> Is there any hope the issue with pg_upgrade can be resolved? If not, could you give me some hints as to how can I
decreasetime needed for pg_dumpall | psql?

If you use pg_dump with the custom format you can use pg_restore
--jobs=n to do a parallel restore.

I think you can do pg_dumpall --globals-only to restore users, and
then do a pg_dump per database.

Groeten, Arjen