Re: Environment Variable for --data-checksum during initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ray Cote
Subject Re: Environment Variable for --data-checksum during initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:25 PM Ray Cote <rgacote@appropriatesolutions.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to remember what environment variable can be set --data-checksum before running postgresql-setup initdb. I know I've seen it but it escapes my recall at the moment.
>
> The PostgreSQL documentation has a nice page of environment variables for when PostgreSQL is running, but I'm not finding the variable to set during the initdb phase.
>
> Any help to jog my memory greatly appreciated.
> --Ray

Found my answer:
There are three variables you can set, one for init, one for upgrading, and one for debug messaging.
These can be set when calling postgresql-nn-setup.
No documentation regarding these in the PostgreSQL documentation.
I'm assuming this feature is part of the RHEL/CentOS deploy configuration.

Environment:
  PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS     Options carried by this variable are passed to
                             subsequent call of `initdb` binary (see man
                             initdb(1)).  This variable is used also during
                             'upgrade' mode because the new cluster is actually
                             re-initialized from the old one.
  PGSETUP_PGUPGRADE_OPTIONS  Options in this variable are passed next to the
                             subsequent call of `pg_upgrade`.  For more info
                             about possible options please look at man
                             pg_upgrade(1).
  PGSETUP_DEBUG              Set to '1' if you want to see debugging output.