Pg, Netezza, and... Sybase? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From yary
Subject Pg, Netezza, and... Sybase?
Date
Re: Pg, Netezza, and... Sybase?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Pg, Netezza, and... Sybase?  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Is there a link between Sybase and Postgres?

I ask because I came across a bug in Netezza, and Netezza has a
well-known Postgres lineage, but when web-searching the bug, the first
thing I found was a Sybase reference-

http://geekswithblogs.net/marocanu2001/archive/2011/08/11/nasty-bug-in-sybase-iq-analytical-function-last_value-over-partition.aspx

and indeed that is the exact bug I found in Netezza! "first_value"
works great, "last_value" has window size 1 unless you also say "rows
between unbounded preceding and unbounded following".

Two unrelated commercial products with the same bug makes me wonder...
does/did Postgres also have this issue, with both NZ and Sybase
importing the same buggy code?