Re: [HACKERS] QGIS Seem To Bypass PostgreSQL/PostGIS User Privileges/Permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Giuseppe Broccolo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] QGIS Seem To Bypass PostgreSQL/PostGIS User Privileges/Permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

While I do not know QGIS, I'm wondering if it's similar to some of our applications where they always use the same system login for the database while each user provides a unique login to the application. Have you ever set log_connections in your postgresql.conf file? That would show you which user is connecting during your attempts, and they might very well be something you're not expecting. As far as I know, there is no way for any application to bypass PostgreSQL's internal security model.

Exactly, so I repost here my initial question: