Re: Odd DEALLOCATE statements never finish in 9.2? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Craig James
Subject Re: Odd DEALLOCATE statements never finish in 9.2?
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> writes:
> I installed 9.2 on our new server and am seeing something odd that doesn't
> happen in 8.4:

> postgres=# select datname, pid, usename, query from pg_stat_activity where
> query != '<IDLE>';

The query column now means "current or last query" --- there's a
separate column to check for the idle status.  Those DEALLOCATEs
are evidently what your app does before going idle.

Nice feature.  Thanks.

Craig

                        regards, tom lane