WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - stats_temp_directory - postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mathieu Guerin
Subject WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - stats_temp_directory - postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am facing a problem with pgstat as my subject says. I known, some topics are open about that, but I would like to go deeper.

Some person told that the better way to don't have this message anymore is to configure pgstat.stat to be loaded in the RAM with a tmpfs mount point.

What are the consequences ? Because this file will be remove if the server reboot.

If we change the parameter stats_temp_directory is it necessary to reboot the server ?

When I lauch a SHOW ALL; command, the parameter stats_temp_director is not here.

For information, my pgstat.stat file is up to 1,3MB.

Thank you for your help.
Math