Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkat Balaji
Subject Re: [GENERA]: Postgresql-9.1.1 synchronous replication issue
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:51:44 pm Venkat Balaji wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was testing the Postgres-9.1.1 synchronous streaming replication on our
> UAT system.
>
> Without synchronous replication, everything was working fine.
>
> But, when i enabled synchronous_replication_names='*', the "create table"
> started hanging for long time.

Only the CREATE TABLE statement or all statements?
In general terms synchronous replication moves at the speed of the connection
between the primary and standby or does not occur if the standby can not be
found. So what is the state of the connection between the primary and standby?

Connection is working fine between primary and standby, ping is working fine and wal archive file transfer is working without any issues.

I tried CREATE TABLE and CREATE DATABASE, both were hanging.

Apart from regular streaming replication settings, I did the following on primary to enable synchronous replication -

synchronous_standby_names='*'

Commands started hanging after that. Is there anything else i need to do.

Thanks
VB