Re: warm standby - apply wal archives - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkat Balaji
Subject Re: warm standby - apply wal archives
Date
List pgsql-general
Syncing just WAL archive directory every minute should not be a problem at all (running rsync every minute for a data directory is not recommended).

As said earlier, we had configured warm standby for a db of size 2 TB and wal archive generation was in 100s.

We did not encounter any issues in running an rsync job with a frequency of even less than a minute. We made sure that
rsync job is running on standby server (we were pulling the wal archives to standby).

1. compress the wal archives
2. rsync on standby site
3. uncompress on standby site

Thanks