Re: Table partitioning with sequence field in postgresql12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Srinivasa T N
Subject Re: Table partitioning with sequence field in postgresql12
Date
Re: Table partitioning with sequence field in postgresql12  (Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
   I have a parent table with one of the field as ""gid" int4 DEFAULT nextval('"ami_smart_new".aoi_boundary_gid_seq'::regclass)".

   I create child tables which inherit parent and use hash partition.  When I directly insert into child tables, will there be any race condition causing two child tables getting the same sequence value for gid?

Regards,
Seenu.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:09 PM amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM Srinivasa T N <seenutn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    Partitioning of a table with sequence id as one of its fields is supported in postgresql12?

Could you please elaborate on your case a bit more?

Regards,
Amul