Re: Reg: Help to understand the source code - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Preethi S
Subject Re: Reg: Help to understand the source code
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Adrian,

Thank you for the quick reply. This link is indeed helpful. This link explains how is a query processed. I am aware of how the query processing happens.

In addition, I am looking for how the data processed, when data is inserted/modified, does the new data gets written to shared buffer -> WAL -> disk ?

I would like to see the code that does this. (For example, data written into shared_buffer, wal_buffer, wal_segments and then fsync)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:49 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 4/23/20 8:44 AM, Preethi S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am fairly new to postgres and I am trying to understand how the data
> is processed during the insert from buffer to the disk. Can someone help
> me with that? Also, I would like to see source code workflow. Can
> someone help me with finding the source code for the data
> insertion/modification workflow.

Have you looked at?:

https://www.postgresql.org/developer/backend/

--