Re: Postgres Stale Statistics - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nikhil Shetty
Subject Re: Postgres Stale Statistics
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Adelino,

I had gone through that thread before, we cannot move the stats to RAM as of now.

Thanks,
Nikhil

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 6:16 PM Adelino Silva <adelino.silva@pt.ibm.com> wrote:
Hi,

Found this thread that explains the warning.

using stale statistics instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding

Regards,

Adelino Silva

Hi, We are getting below WARNING on one of the standby instances. Not sure what caused it but to resolve it we tried restarting the database instances but it is still not working WARNING - using stale statistics instead of current ones because
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi,

We are getting below WARNING on one of the standby instances. Not sure what caused it but to resolve it we tried restarting the database instances but it is still not working

WARNING - using stale statistics instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding

Postgresql version - 11.7

Any other option to resolve this? We are thinking of building the standby again but what if the WARNING is for a primary database instance and a restart won't solve it?

Thanks and Regards,

Nikhil