Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josef Šimánek
Subject Re: COPY from a remote machine in Datastage
Date
List pgsql-general
Can you copy your csv to postgres server?

pá 5. 10. 2018 v 16:19 odesílatel Ravi Krishna <srkrishna1@aol.com> napsal:

Hello, if you need to use COPY command from remote machine and you use some libpq bindings (aka ruby pg gem for example), you can use functions associated with COPY command (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-copy.html). They should be provided by bindings of postgres library you're using.

If you can share more info, at least how do you access postgres (via Ruby gem for example or from client's console), I can try to be more descriptive.

We not writing any Ruby/Python code.  We are using Datastage. Datastage has in built features for most of the stuff. For example to bulk load data from csv files
into Oracle/DB2 etc, it has a BULK loader feature. However DS has no support for PG directly and we are piggy backing on ODBC where there is no BULK loader.

The only recourse for us is to type in SQL as DS allows user code.