Re: collecting employees who completed 5 and 10 years in the current month - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: collecting employees who completed 5 and 10 years in the current month
Date
List pgsql-general

On 30 June 2014 12:38, Arup Rakshit <aruprakshit@rocketmail.com> wrote:
I have employee table. Where I have a column joining_date. Now I am looking for a way to get all employee, who completed 5 years, 10 years current month. How to do so ? I am not able to figure this out.

Regards,
Arup Rakshit

Hi,
take a look at this example:

I've created a sample table:

create table users(id serial, joining_date date);

and filled it with sample data:

insert into users(joining_date) select now() - (j::text || 'days' )::interval from generate_series(1,10000) j;

Then the query showing up all users who complete 5 and 10 years this month can look like:

with u as (
  select id, date_trunc('month', age(now()::date, joining_date)) age
  from users
)
select *
from u