Re: Debugging code on server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Szymon Lipiński
Subject Re: Debugging code on server?
Date
List pgsql-general

On 4 May 2016 at 20:30, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Guyren Howe schrieb am 04.05.2016 um 18:43:
This is a fork from my "Love your database" question. It's a
separable concern, so I moved it here.

Let's say I want to use Postgres' *amazing* support for lots of
languages. I want to use Javascript or PERL or Ruby or something. How
do I debug the code?

I can imagine things you might set up: using LISTEN/NOTIFY to a
simple logger that would let you see what's going on. There are
breakpoints and such in PGAdmin, but I'll be that doesn't work for
other languages.

There is a unit test framework for Postgres

http://pgtap.org/

Right, and it is quite painful to use compared to writing tests as some external program.

--
    regards Szymon Lipiński