Re: Why sequence grant is separated from table? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: Why sequence grant is separated from table?
Date
Re: Why sequence grant is separated from table?  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
List pgsql-admin
On 19 June 2013 11:35, Rural Hunter <ruralhunter@gmail.com> wrote:
I really hate the error "permission denied for sequence xxxxx" when I grant on a table but forget to grant additionally on the related sequence to users. Can the permission of table and related sequences be merged?

I can imagine a situation where you want a user to be granted rights on a table, to use sequence with curval and nextval functions, but not setval, as it can provide some database problems.

What's more, in general, you cannot say which sequence is used for which table, if the sequence is not owned by the table.

Which permissions of a table do you want to merge with which permissions of sequences?

regards
Szymon