adding import in pl/python function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Szymon Guz
Subject adding import in pl/python function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I'm wondering if it would be OK to change the procedure code before execution. I'm thinking about adding magically an import at the beginning of a function.

Currently numeric arguments passed to the procedure are converted into floats. This is not good, as it causes loss of information.

The proposed solution in code comment is "maybe use a string?".

I'm thinking about something else. We could convert it into Decimal (http://docs.python.org/2/library/decimal.html) class in Python. Unfortunately this class requires import like `from decimal import Decimal` from a standard Python library.

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to do it like this. It shouldn't fail even with the trusted version of pl/python, as I'd rather see the trusted version to allow importing packages from standard library.

regards,
Szymon