Re: Postgres_fdw join pushdown - wrong results with whole-row reference - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Postgres_fdw join pushdown - wrong results with whole-row reference
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> postgres_fdw resets the search path to pg_catalog while opening connection
> to the server. The reason behind this is explained in deparse.c
>
>  * We assume that the remote session's search_path is exactly "pg_catalog",
>  * and thus we need schema-qualify all and only names outside pg_catalog.

Hmm.  OK, should we revert the schema-qualification part of that
commit, or just leave it alone?

If we leave that code as is, someone who wants to add similar code later would get confused or will be tempted to create more instances of schema-qualification. I think we should revert the schema qualification.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat