Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly
Date
Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Fujita-san,

Here are my comments about the patch fscan_reltargetlist.patch
Sanity
--------
Patch applies and compiles cleanly.
Regressions in test/regress folder and postgres_fdw and file_fdw are clean.

1. This isn't your change, but we might be able to get rid of assignment
2071     /* Are any system columns requested from rel? */
2072     scan_plan->fsSystemCol = false;

since make_foreignscan() already does that. But I will leave upto you to remove this assignment or not.

2. Instead of using rel->reltargetlist, we should use the tlist passed by caller. This is the tlist expected from the Plan node. For foreign scans it will be same as rel->reltargetlist. Using tlist would make the function consistent with create_*scan_plan functions.

Otherwise, the patch looks good.