Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: [HACKERS] dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 6 March 2017 at 05:29, Ashutosh Bapat
>> <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to confirm, you want the output to look like this

>>> Except for HAS PARTITIONS, everything is part of today's output. Given
>>> the current output, HAS PARTITIONS should be in upper case.
>>
>> "has partitions" is not part of the DDL, whereas "FOR VALUES FROM (0)
>> TO (100)" is. So ISTM sensible to differentiate between DDL and
>> non-ddl using upper and lower case.
>>

> Make sense. Will try to cook up a patch soon.

here's the patch. I have added a testcase in insert.sql to test \d+
output for a partitioned table which has partitions which are further
partitioned and also some partitions which are not partitioned
themselves. I have also refactored a statement few lines above,
replacing an if condition with ? : operator similar to code few lines
below.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat