Prologue of set_append_rel_size() and partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Prologue of set_append_rel_size() and partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The prologue of set_append_rel_size() mentions

 * ....  Note that in the inheritance case,
 * the first member relation is actually the same table as is mentioned in
 * the parent RTE ... but it has a different RTE and RelOptInfo.

This isn't true about partitioned tables anymore. We do not create
RelOptInfo of the partitioned table and thus is not first member
relation. We could argue that inheritance in case of partitioned
tables is just an implementation detail and partitioned table is not
"inherited" in true sense. So "inheritance case" referred to here does
not cover partitioning and so the sentence still holds. But I guess,
this needs some change so that we do not expect first member to be
same as partitioned table. I am not able to craft an elegant sentence
but how about something like attached?
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat