Re: event triggers in 9.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: event triggers in 9.3.4
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> I found a interesting extension
> http://code.malloclabs.com/pg_schema_triggers

Ah, I remember that.  I find that approach more cumbersome to use than
mine.  Note the ALTER cases can't tell you much about exactly how the
relation has changed; you have to run comparisons of the pg_class rows
manually, which is not very nice.  I see this extension as a stopgap
measure until we have real support for this in 9.5, per my patch.

I wish some similar interface for PL/pgSQL - json based interface is not PL/pgSQL friendly. But it can live in contrib as extension over your deparse interface - maybe as relatively simple SQL functions.

Regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/