proposal: enhancing slow query log, and autoexplain log about waiting on lock before query exec time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject proposal: enhancing slow query log, and autoexplain log about waiting on lock before query exec time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

the interpretation of slow queries or entries from auto-explain log can be difficult some times, because the the main time of query evaluation is waiting on lock, and this number isn't in related entry. Our situation is little bit difficult, because we have not direct access to PostgreSQL logs, we working with log aggregators.

We have a patch, that inject logs about the time waiting on locks before query execution. This feature helps us lot of, and I hope, it can be generally useful.

Is this feature interesting for community? What do you think about it?

Regards

Pavel