Re: Create syscaches for pg_extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Create syscaches for pg_extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers

čt 5. 9. 2024 v 15:41 odesílatel Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov@gmail.com> napsal:
On 22/8/2024 03:49, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 03:21:30PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I won't hide that I've wanted that in the past..
>
> And I have bumped into a case where this has been helpful today, so
> applied.  Thanks!
It had been my dream, too, for years. But the reason was the too-costly
call of the get_extension_oid routine (no less than pgbench 2-3% of
overhead when checked it in the planner hook).
It seems that the get_extension_oid routine was not modified when the
sys cache was introduced. What is the reason? It may be that this
routine is redundant now, but if not, and we want to hold the API that
extensions use, maybe we should rewrite it, too.
See the attachment proposing changes.

+1

Pavel

--