Re: proposal - reference to plpgsql_check from plpgsql doc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal - reference to plpgsql_check from plpgsql doc
Date
List pgsql-hackers

po 17. 8. 2020 v 11:03 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> napsal:

po 17. 8. 2020 v 10:37 odesílatel Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> napsal:

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:47 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

plpgsql_check extension is almost complete now. This extension is available on all environments and for all supported Postgres releases. It is probably too big to be part of contrib, but I think so it can be referenced in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-development-tips.html chapter.

What do you think about it?

Without making any valuation on this particular tool, I think we should be very very careful and restrictive about putting such links in the main documentation.

The appropriate location for such references are in the product catalog on the website and on the wiki. (I'd be happy to have a link from the docs to a generic "pl/pgsql tips" page on the wiki, though, if people would think that helpful -- because that would be linking to a destination that we can easily update/fix should it go stale)

good idea

I created this page

Now, there is just a list of available tools. Please, can somebody check it and clean and fix my Czechisms in text?

Regards

Pavel

Pavel