Re: patch: function xmltable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: patch: function xmltable
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Suggested comment:

/*
 * This is the parsenode for a column definition in a table-expression
like XMLTABLE.
 *
 * We can't re-use ColumnDef here; the utility command column
definition has all the
 * wrong attributes for use in table-expressions and just doesn't make
sense here.
 */
typedef struct TableExprColumn
{
};

?

Why "RawCol" ? What does it become when it's not "raw" anymore? Is
that a reference to ColumnDef's raw_default and cooked_default for
untransformed vs transformed parse-trees?

My previous reply was wrong - it is used by parser only and holds TypeName field. The analogy with ColumnDef raw_default is perfect.

Regards

Pavel

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/