Re: proposal: DROP DATABASE variant that kills active sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: DROP DATABASE variant that kills active sessions
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> in GoodData we have this feature implemented - little bit different named -
> DROP DATABASE FORCE
>
> It is useful in complex environment with mix of pooled and not pooled
> connections - and in our environment - about 2K databases per server with
> lot of dropped / created databases per server / per day.
>
> I can publish this patch, if there will be any interest.

I think this would be a useful feature.  What would one do about
prepared transactions?

It doesn't solve it - GoodData doesn't use it - so I didn't solve this question - it emulates manual maintenance. In our solution can be some opened issues.

Patch attached

Regards

Pavel

--