Re: Improving avg performance for numeric - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Improving avg performance for numeric
Date
List pgsql-hackers

2013/8/29 Hadi Moshayedi <hadi@moshayedi.net>
Hello,

> int, float, double 26829 ms (26675 ms) -- 0.5% slower .. statistic error ..
> cleaner code
> numeric sum 6490 ms (7224 ms) --  10% faster
> numeric avg 6487 ms (12023 ms) -- 46% faster

I also got very similar results.

On the other hand, initially I was receiving sigsegv's whenever I
wanted to try to run an aggregate function. gdb was telling that this
was happening somewhere in nodeAgg.c at ExecInitAgg. While trying to
find the reason, I had to reboot my computer at some point, after the
reboot the sigsegv's went away. I want to look into this and find the
reason, I think I have missed something here. Any thoughts about why
this would happen?

I found a few bugs, that I fixed. There was a issue with empty sets. Other issues I didn't find.

Regards

Pavel

--Hadi