Re: Unable to select a table as postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Unable to select a table as postgres user
Date
List pgsql-general

I have a database in which tables are created for each user when they create
an account. These auto generated tables are used for generating analytics
using a Function. This function is defined as a SECURITY DEFINER. So that
any user who tries to execute this function will be doing so as a Super
user.

But it is not working as expected. For Example, When execute the functions
as User1, I get an error that the User1 is unable to select the table. When
I execute the functions as postgres user, I still get the same error!!!

Was able to execute the function only after GRANT SELECT on that table.

My question is,
When I execute the function as a Superuser, How come I get an error on
Unable to select the table?

If you are superuser, then you can see all - there are no any limit. It is impossible to do any limit of superuser in Postgres.

Regards

Pavel