Re: parse - bind take more time than execute - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: parse - bind take more time than execute
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello

2011/12/27 MirrorX <mirrorx@gmail.com>:
> there are some performance issues on a server and by searching in the logs i
> noticed that the phases of parse and bind take considerably more time than
> execute for most of the queries. i guess that the right thing to do in this
> case is to use functions or prepare statements but in any case, what could
> be the cause of this?

A reason should be a blind optimization of prepared statement.
Prepared statements are optimized to most frequent values.

try to look on plan - statement EXPLAIN should be used for prepared
statements too.

Regards

Pavel Stehule