Re: some ideas from users - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: some ideas from users
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 11/22/2014 06:20 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
Hi

I did a week training and here are some ideas from people, who are starting with Postgres.

1. possibility to set server side variables simply as psql option. Motivation - more simple and natural changing datestyle for psql in shell scripts. "--set" is allocated now, but theoretically we can use any unknown long option as server side session variable.

echo "select ..." | psql --datestyle=YMD --enable_seqscan=off

PGOPTIONS=--enable_seqscan=off psql ....

ok, thank you for info. I have to add this option to --help.

Regards

Pavel

cheers

andrew