Re: proposal: psql \setfileref - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: psql \setfileref
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Le 11/10/2016 à 07:53, Pavel Stehule a écrit :

Le 10/10/2016 à 14:38, Daniel Verite a écrit :
>       Gilles Darold wrote:
>
>>    postgres=# \setfileref b /dev/random
>>    postgres=# insert into test (:b);
>>
>> Process need to be killed using SIGTERM.
> This can be fixed by setting sigint_interrupt_enabled to true
> before operating on the file. Then ctrl-C would be able to cancel
> the command.

If we do not prevent the user to be able to load special files that
would be useful yes.

I don't think so special files has some sense, just I had not time fix this issue. I will do it early - I hope.

fresh patch - only regular files are allowed

Regards

Pavel

Hi,

The patch works as expected, the last two remaining issues have been fixed. I've changed the status to "Ready for committers".

Thanks Pavel.

Thank you very much

Regards

Pavel