Re: proposal: schema variables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: schema variables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

I am sending a strongly updated patch for schema variables.

I rewrote an execution of a LET statement. In the previous implementation I hacked STMT_SELECT. Now, I introduced a new statement STMT_LET, and I implemented a new executor node SetVariable. Now I think this implementation is much cleaner. Implementation with own executor node reduces necessary work on PL side - and allows the LET statement to be prepared - what is important from a security view.

I'll try to write a second implementation based on a cleaner implementation like utility command too. I expect so this version will be more simple, but utility commands cannot be prepared, and probably, there should be special support for any PL. I hope a cleaner implementation can help to move this patch.

We can choose one variant in the next step and this variant can be finalized.

Notes, comments?

Regards

Pavel

Attachment