Re: syntax error: VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE (PostgreSQL 11 regression) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: syntax error: VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE (PostgreSQL 11 regression)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

st 31. 10. 2018 v 8:34 odesílatel Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> napsal:
Hi

At least this is documented behavior:
> When the option list is surrounded by parentheses, the options can be written in any order. Without parentheses, options must be specified in exactly the order shown above.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-vacuum.html

Previously we have another additional synopsis
> VACUUM [ FULL ] [ FREEZE ] [ VERBOSE ] ANALYZE [ table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] ]
Seems this syntax was removed in this commit: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1dzW4X-00089L-5a%40gemulon.postgresql.org

ok. Unfortunatelly it is not mentioned in release notes - in not compatible changes.

This change can hit lot of users. It is small nonsense, but lot of people use it.

Regards

Pavel

regards, Sergei