Re: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

Hi Pavel,

On 1/7/18 3:31 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>     There, now it's in the correct Waiting for Author state. :)
>
> thank you for comments. All should be fixed in attached patch

This patch no longer applies (and the conflicts do not look trivial).
Can you provide a rebased patch?

$ git apply -3 ../other/plpgsql-extra-check-180107.patch
error: patch failed: src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c:5944
Falling back to three-way merge...
Applied patch to 'src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c' with conflicts.
U src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c

Marked as Waiting on Author.

I am sending updated code. It reflects Tom's changes - now, the rec is used as row type too, so the checks must be on two places. With this update is related one change. When result is empty, then the extra checks doesn't work - PLpgSQL runtime doesn't pass necessary tupledesc. But usually, when result is empty, then there are not problems with missing values, because every value is NULL.

Regards

Pavel

Thanks,
--