Re: proposal: enhancing plpgsql debug API - returns text value of variable content - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: enhancing plpgsql debug API - returns text value of variable content
Date
List pgsql-hackers

čt 31. 3. 2022 v 23:12 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> I am sending updated patch

After studying the list of exposed functions for awhile, it seemed
to me that we should also expose exec_assign_value.  The new pointers
allow a plugin to compute a value in Datum+isnull format, but then it
can't do much of anything with it: exec_assign_expr is a completely
inconvenient API if what you want to do is put a specific Datum
value into a variable.  Adding exec_assign_value provides "store"
and "fetch" APIs that are more or less inverses, which should be
easier to work with.

So I did that and pushed it.

great

Thank you