Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2013/7/2 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> 2013/7/1 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:
>> On 7/1/13 3:47 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>> and it is a part of our ToDo: "Add function to allow the creation of
>>> timestamps using parameters"
>>>
>>> so we can have a functions with signatures
>>
>> I would just name them date(...), time(...), etc.

I tested this names, and I got a syntax error for function "time"

we doesn't support real type constructors, and parser doesn't respect syntax.

so we can use a different names, or we can try to implement type
constructor functions.

Comments

Regards

Pavel