Re: Assertions in PL/PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Assertions in PL/PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers

2013/11/19 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now that having been said, I'm a bit wary of adding every new frammish
>> someone suggests to PL/pgsql.  Many of the things we've added recently
>> are things I anticipate that I'll never use.
>
> lot of features are popular with some delay. CTE is very popular now, and
> two years ago only few developers used it. Lot of applications are developed
> for 9.1 still.

I think that's true, but not particularly relevant.  CTEs are
obviously a major feature; a lot of the stuff we've been adding to
PL/pgsql is tinkering around the edges.

I agree so almost all last features are not major features - but I don't think so it is wrong (and structured exception is not minor feature). Almost all work is done.

There are only few issues, that should be solved:

* deeper checking embedded SQL
* more robust work with nested types - assign statement
* some support for large and complex projects (support for developer tools like coverage calculation, dependency graphs and assertions)

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas