Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

pá 11. 9. 2020 v 10:50 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi

po 7. 9. 2020 v 14:14 odesílatel Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi Pavel

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:22 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is updated patch for pg_dump

pg_dumpall also has –exclude-database=pattern and –no-comments option doesn't that qualify it to benefits from this feature? And please add a test case for this option

This patch is related to pg_dump (in this moment), so pg_dumpall options are out of scope.

I am not sure if pg_dumpall needs this functionality - maybe, but I can use bash or some similar for implementation of this feature. There is no requirement to do it all necessary work under one transaction, one snapshot.

For pg_dump can be used different format, because it uses different granularity.  Some like "{+/-} dbname"

"--no-comments" is a global parameter without arguments. I don't understand how this parameter can be related to this feature?

I am working on regress tests.

There is a updated version with regress tests

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel