Re: Do we have a range of SQLSTATE codes assigned for custom use? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Do we have a range of SQLSTATE codes assigned for custom use?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

User defined exceptions should to use "U0" class

We don't use it - but it should be documented.

but our implementation is less restrictive

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Hi all

With RAISE supporting user-defined SQLSTATEs, and EXCEPTION ... WHEN
supporting matching them, shouldn't we explicitly declare a range of
SQLSTATEs as reserved for custom use?

Right now, there's nothing in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/errcodes-appendix.html to
tell a user which SQLSTATE codes they can use without any risk that
PostgreSQL will later use that code for something else.

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/